COMMERCIAL & CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
LINKS Surveying has an outstanding history of performance undertaking surveying work for commercial and civil construction, engineering and mining sectors throughout both regional and metropolitan Western Australia.
LINKS Surveying has long been involved in the creation of infrastructure; maintenance, design and construction of both natural and physically built environments such as roads, railways, commercial buildings and subdivisions.
An accurate and well-constructed land survey is crucial to verify site boundaries, ensure designs meet expectations and Council guidelines are followed.
Feature and Contour Surveys
With the design and approval process dependent upon obtaining an accurate and reliable Feature and Contour survey, turnaround times are critical.
At the heart of LINKS Surveying is Skynet; our custom-built survey management software. By synchronising our datasets with the various statutory authorities of Western Australia, our compiled database is directly aligned to the single sources of truth; saving on wasted data entry inefficiencies, duplication and potential errors.
Our data is collected once and used seamlessly from project commencement through to the final deliverables.
Skynet provides a 24-7 advantage to:
- order surveys
- re-download previous orders
- manage your incoming workflow
- monitor individual projects
- follow the progress of WA’s newest land estates
Behind the scenes:
- Structured company libraries
- Logical and organised layers
- Specifically designed residential datasets
- Uniform product controls
- Server synchronisation with Landgate
- Cloud based platform
- Strict company standards
- Custom designed document management
- Streamlined compatible drafting file formats and versions e.g. ArchiCAD, AutoSketch, AutoCAD, PDF
- Shared drawing attributes & styles
- Revision and delivery traceability
- Automatic product delivery
- Simple categories allowing for easy to follow job ordering and cost estimates
- Custom refinements and specific site requests
- Australian Height Datum – AHD
- Additional Datum marks
- Copy of the Certificate of Title
- Copy of the Title Plan
- Combination surveys e.g. Re-Peg, Encroachment, Setback
LINKS Surveying – Points of Difference
Unless requested otherwise or AHD is ordered these are relative to a local 10.0m datum, which allows for easy site calculations and helps to avoid any costly site works implications. 2 datums allows for easy site checks and potential site obstructions.
The starting point for determining garage setbacks and turning circle requirements.
Service easements and or site restrictions of a spatial nature which may potentially affect building.
Where possible, plenty of open space for additional building notes.
All services are shown by individual symbols suitable for both colour and black & white reproduction. Symbols are accurately displayed to scale including refined detailed identification, eg “pre-laid water connection” Vs “Water Meter”, “Sewer Indicator” Vs “Sewer Connection”.
Quickly identify various site objects. Back-end CAD operating files are provided to ensure our surveys are viewed correctly in your system.
Where possible, the lot is left open and free
of clutter for additional building notes.
- Brick paved
Typically the decimal point reflects the actual surveyed location.
0.5m contours with both minor and major including labels read facing up-hill.
Quickly and easily identify the site’s existing services.
Identify the “survey area type” to allow for easy cost estimates.
Accurately define construction requirements due to the proximity of breaking surf. Calculated coastal distances are provided from the centre of the lot to the nearest Mean High Water Mark along WA’s coastline.
Broken into 3 categories:
- 0m to 1.5km, the exact distance is shown
- 1.5 to 10Km, 1.5-10Km
- Over 10Km, >10Km
Where available, approximate AHD factor is supplied. Easily convert any level on the survey to an AHD value without extra costs. Suitable for most council requirements.
True AHD connections are available.
Determine your site’s required sewer connection with site specific invert levels,
up distances and calculated depths provided.
Having synchronised our dataset to the single source of truth all address details are current and up-to-date at the time of survey. With numerous options available, finding a site has never been easier for all potential trades:
- GPS co-ords
- UBD reference
- Street address
- Local Authority
- Title plan type
- Title plan number
- Certificate of Title (when available)
Quick reference for site works estimates.
- Traffic islands
- Lot Numbers
- Lot Areas
- Descriptions – storeys, materials, openings, floor levels
Top of footing levels
A non-standard item but available if requested. Helpful for potential views and house extensions.
The majority of all construction starts with determining the boundary. Our standardised residential boundary products allow for specific ordering and easy costings.
Construction Setout Surveys
Once the boundary has been defined, various specific construction setout surveys can be performed. With each design and site being unique, our construction setouts are tailored to custom-suit specific client requirements.
These can include:
- Concrete work set out
- Holding down bolts and in-situ construction
- Tilt panel set out
- High-rise buildings
- Columns and lift wells
- Pad footings, wet areas
- Jetties, boat ramps, piling
ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION
Engineering and civil surveys apply to a variety of development requirements and LINKS Surveying has worked in the following areas:
- Bulk earthworks
- Road construction
- Services set out
- All aspects of ‘As Constructed’ including A-Spec requirements
- Borehole setout and monitoring
- GPS surveys
- Sewer in-fill setout and as-constructed plans and flimsies
- Dimensional control
LINKS Surveying has extensive experience providing surveying services to all mining operations throughout Western Australia. The LINKS team is suitably qualified and approved by the Department of Mines and Petroleum.
Services offered include:
- Mining leases and ground marking
- Aerial photo control and targets
- Quarry surveys
- GPS surveys
- Extraction licenses
- Stockpile volumes
- Mining tenement pegging and lodgement
- Borehole set out and monitoring
- Fixed plant installation and alignment
- Grid marking
- Drill hole set out and location
- Audits and quality assurance surveys
- Composite service mapping